Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chandler fountains






Sunday, October 12, 2008




After our drive out to Coolidge to see the Casa Grande Ruins, we drove north but I didn't want to go home yet. So we headed up AZ-87 to Chandler. We stopped in their downtown area and took a few shots of Stanley by a fountain. We saw an Indian art fair with beautiful jewelry, but we did not buy anything. We strolled along and peeked into shops. We found an artistic ostrich to photograph.




There are some ostrich ranches around here somewhere. I know I have seen a couple of ostriches out here in the southeast valley before. Well, as I typed this blog, I looked up ostrich ranches in AZ and found Rooster Cogburn Ostrich Ranch. It is south of us, near Eloy, AZ.




Funny story about Eloy, AZ. Ten years ago, Ron came out to AZ to visit me from Michigan and he was writing a science fiction novel about the first manned mission to Mars. The main character was a skydiving videographer. So, when he came out to visit, we drove down to Eloy and went skydiving. Eloy has the world's largest skydiving center. I loved it! I was ready to go back up again minutes later. It's been 10 years and I am looking forward to my second jump. :)
Dawn

No comments: