Thursday, October 16, 2008

Land of Cotton

Where's Stanley?



Sunday, October 12, 2008

On our way to the Casa Grande Ruins, we passed through Florence, AZ and a cotton field. We will be sending a boll of cotton in our care package in a couple of days. Check out this (manual) slideshow From Field to Fabric to learn more about cotton. I sure did!

If you look in the background, you can see the mountains. I don't recall if they were to the east or west. But if you check out SummitPost, you can learn all sorts of things about the mountains in and around Phoenix.

We can see the Superstition Mountains from the corner near our home. I see them everyday when I head east toward my school. I truly love living here in the southwest! It's so cool to see the mountains everyday. I lived in Mesa ten years ago and taught in Queen Creek at Desert Mountain Elementary. I moved back to Michigan in 1998, but now, I've returned to the Sonoran Desert once again!

Happy reading!

No comments: